Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Absolute best powerlifting advice

Absolute favourite powerlifting quote.......


" Get under a bar and get into a buffet "

Absolute favourite powerlifting quote came courtesy of an old Clint Darden video blog. It was in response to a query from a young guy that weighed about 80kg and claimed he was at a sticking point and needed Clint's advice on his first cycle of gear!!!

Thankfully Clint is a pretty smart guy and straight away hit him with that classic line and simply reminded him that he was so far away from his genetic potential and that his numbers (lifts) were so average he just needed more hardwork.

Of course some douchebag in the comments section missed the point and gladly provided a supposed entry level cycle but hat off to Clint for injecting some common sense into a typical internet query.

Personally I have had many times where I think I am doing all I can and progress is too slow but two things are evident:

1) You generally arent effective in your training. Is your diet really spot on, are you really managing a template based on good principles and are you fucking sticking to it for a long long time?

2) Progress for many of us is painfully slow no matter how dialled in our program and diet is. I am about 8kg heavier since I started training based on my Dexa scan results and I still barely look like I train. This shit takes time.

Bottom line, get your shit together stay focused and realise this is a 10 year plus game, sounds shit doesn't it but suck it up that's the game.

Stay Strong
Thomo



No comments:

Post a Comment