Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Training update - so far so good

I am now in my 3rd week of post Nats training and things are going ok.

This first month has higher working reps lower % and I am keeping rest breaks quite short to up the intensity and conditioning. In fact I must say I enjoy the higher reps and setting the rep records on each last set has felt good.

Probably the best thing about my commitment at the moment is that I am doing the assistance template consistently, abs, upper back, hamstrings and even at this early stage I can feel the difference. Also my diet has been damn clean and again I can notice the difference given I am maintaining the 5 kg cut I made for Nationals. At least I can add the weight back on with quality mass not old man gut fat!

The only initial tweak I will make with the program is to shift squats to Mondays so that I can put front squatting as an assistance day on deadlift on the Friday and have enough recovery time between the two sessions.  I really need to get more mass going and I think squatting twice a week will help that without screwing up my template.

Tonight is squat night and frankly I feel like shit: work has been busy and the little one has been waking up at night leading to the odd interrupted sleep. However as we all know most of this is in my head and frankly the loaded squat bar doesn't give a shit so I really just need to man up!

Stay Strong
Thomo


No comments:

Post a Comment