Saturday, July 27, 2013

Rotator Cuff Work for Powerlifters

Something I have tried to be much more diligent about on my current template is ensuring my assistance work is focused on quality exerises that really complement the big lifts and my weaknesses. Thankfully for most people they are one and the same.

This has meant I do an upper-back dumbell row each session, ab work (roller or leg raise) and GHR for hammies. So far this has worked well and becuase I am only focusing on a small amount of assistance work, it means I can really focus on doing it well and still finish up the session in a reasonable time.

Now I am going to introduce so rotator cuff work each session to keep the shoulders strong. This is also timely since I really want to push my bench prior to next years Nats as this is were any of my 75kg competitors get a good 30-25kg's on me.

Mike Robertson is someone I follow quite regularly mainly because his pre-hab stuff is simple and he understands that we still have to get a workout in. Often some writers will bombard you with so many 'must have' pre-hab movements you literally would have to be working out 24/7 just to fit it all in!

For example I have just been adding in the simple rotator work in the video below. Straight forward, simple and doesn't take long...perfect!




Stay Strong
Thomo

No comments:

Post a Comment