Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Mid Week Squats!



Week four of my Juggernaught template is well under way. Last night was squats and though I was still getting late to the gym due to work I had managed a good nights sleep prior so it was nice to be feeling a little more relaxed.

I switched it around and followed the inverted jugg so that it was 8x5 with about minute and a half between sets to keep the work rate high. Actually felt heavy but I was exploding out of the hole which felt good so at least generating a lot of force. Still very tight in the hips, particularly my left side so I will book treatment from the physio next week to help loosen it off. I followed up the squats with 4 sets of 5 on the GHR, though again need to take some comparison videos of my form on these as I am not convinced I have the movement pattern completely correct.

My final assistance assistance work of the night was dumbell rows, again these are new for me but I feel much more stable in the upper back already. Upper-back is an area I genetically don't have a lot of muscle in but these rows have really helped innervate the area and I now feel the mid traps etc working.

Overall I am feeling very good, despite a huge load at work and work mates and family dropping with various flu ailments over the last 5-6 weeks I have remained good. Importantly I feel my work rate in the gym has really improved with a higher intensity.

My lower back was a little tight this morning but I think that was due to a little butt wink on the final couple of reps last night where I lost a little belly tightness in the bottom position. Should be good to go for Deadlifts tomorrow so cant wait!

The gym is looking fantastic as always but I have noticed the key nights M-W-F have a different vibe as a number of the key team are coming in at different times. On the positive there are some new faces and a few as a result of the novice comp last month!

Stay Strong
Thomo

No comments:

Post a Comment