Friday, July 26, 2013

Post Deadlift Chilling


Saturday afternoon in not so sunny Perth chilling on the couch while my daughter hammers the I-pad and her Elmo app.

Last night I trained deadlifts and military press and overall felt like a pretty strong session. As I did with Squats on Monday I switched up the deadlifts to an inverted Jugg (8x5 rather than 5x8). I find this along with the brief rests and volume sets really ups my work rate. In fact I haven't felt this sore in the glutes since...well actually since never! It helps that I am remembering to actively try and explode every time out of the bottom of each lift.

I was in earlier than normal so it was pretty quiet in the gym. The Rucci's were in by 5:00 and my fellow juggernaught partner in crime Dazza turned up shortly after. Our own world record holder Darwin was in hitting the squat rack but the teen titan was looking a little worse for wear with a head cold.

I finshed off the session with pronated grip chins with 5kg strapped to the waist. I dropped chins in the last few weeks of Nats prep so starting off with them again with a light weight. It's funny how easy it is to be de-trained on chins even  moderate reps felt  a little heavy last night.

Bench up next, and I may squeeze that session in a day early on Sunday tomorrow!

Until then...

Stay Strong
Thomo






No comments:

Post a Comment