Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Week 1 Deadlift day



It's lunch time but all I am hungry for is deadlifts tonight. It's my first deadlift session of this template and I can't wait to get back into it.

I am still a little sore from squat day, more accurately I think I am sore from the Glute Ham Raises I introduced as assistance. I find these to be a real bitch to set up but working with Daz on Monday I think I have the cues right. It's counter-intuitive to get the positioning right and I find it challenging to keep it a hamstring glute movement as opposed to breaking form in the last part of the movement and have to much lower back involvement.

Regardless I am so damn weak in the hammies I need assistance with a purple band just to get 3 sets out. Nevertheless I am starting off on the right track having GHR's and ab work as a regular part of the routine rather than an afterthought.

Reviewing my video's from Nat's it's obvious I have poor hamstring strength and need a much stronger lower back. The GHR's will benefit me as I need to focus on driving the hips through as my hip hinge looks pretty poor, even on my best lifts.

Further into this routine I will add in deficit deadlifts, in fact I toyed running this whole first cycle with a 1-2 inch deficit and get that good carryover when I switch back. However I have decided to keep it simple to start with.

Re PTCPerth the gym will be moving towards 24 hr access which makes sense given the lads have fulltime jobs as well as running the gym. While I will still seek to train big sessions with my teammates around it will give great flexibility to juggle session times with work etc so looking forward to the change.

Stay Strong
Thomo


No comments:

Post a Comment