Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sleep and Powerlifting



So last night I mention in my post that I need to get a good nights sleep so I am primed for training tonight. Fast forward to Monday morning and sometimes I wish I would just keep my mouth shut.

At 1:40am my gorgeous little daughter (2yrs) starts crying out (fairly regular occurrence around this time each morning) and managing to hear it through my god awful snoring ( my wife's words not mine) I decide to get up and apply some Daddy logic to the situation.

Now clearly this shouldn't take long after all I have worked in Boardrooms, consulted to mining companies. led large consulting engagements and now I am a General Manager for a market. leading manufacturing company. Therefore my powers of persuasion should wrap this up in about two minutes right..wrong. Little miss starts screaming for her mother and despite me setting a new nappy changing record nothing will calm her until said wife appears and manages to calm things down within 10 minutes.

Therefore my ego is dented and more importantly its now 2:30am which rolls around to 3:15 before I nod off again just in time for my alarm at 5:00 so I can be at work at 6:00am. Oh yes another day in paradise.

Now there are three things I want to say about this sorry little episode. First, damn mothers are amazing with kids I simply don't know how they do it, second shit happens because at the end of the day family and taking care business comes first and third I am going to have a great session tonight because a one off bad nights sleep can be dealt with as its all in the mind!

However what I will do is get a damn early nights sleep tonight after training.

Stay Strong

Thomo

No comments:

Post a Comment