Monday, July 29, 2013

Cmon just say its about the roids would ya!

I was watching a Clint Darden video the other night and it reminded me why I like his material...he simply says it like it is and tends to focus on outcomes and evidence rather than Bro science. I particularly like his discussions re performance enhancing drugs. Check out his video below....



This discussion re PED's got me to thinking about competitive strength sports. As most of you know there are a multitude of federations some of which are tested and some that aren't. Those that are tested particularly in Australia tend to be very vocal about their association with ASADA and WADA.

What is interesting is the way individuals who are comfortable with PEDs tend to disparage the tested federation. Invariably the claim will be that the fed isn't truly drug free and often they will point to a recent worlds where some 80kg lifter hit a 300+ squat as evidence.

 Now I kind of agree with their logic as for me a tested federation only says that at some point certain lifters in the fed have passed a test. That is all, as we don't have biologic passports nor is there extensive testing at events. In fact at a recent event here in the west a mate indicated he came second by a tiny Wilks margin after putting up some big numbers and yet he wasn't tested. So the testing regime is only as good as the funding will allow and we all agree it is not detailed enough.

As I have stated before I frankly don't care about recreational or athlete PED use. In a society with finite funds to apply to law enforcement I would prefer those funds applied to stamp out elicit drug use such as meth, heroin etc as those  addicts are the guys that will (and have) broken into my house seeking funds for their habit. I am pretty damn sure I will never have a powerlifter kicking down my door to get cash for a fix of deca.

However I want to call out those in the non tested feds. I am happy for you to disparage the failings of tested feds but don't tell me that's why you don't lift clean. Much prefer less bullshit and more honesty. So next time on the forum rather than say ohh I don't lift in the IPF because they are not really a clean fed...blah blah blah just man up and say....

'I fucking love the gear, it gives me an extra 100+kg to my total, I feel great when I am on it and I would fucking hate to have to train naturally again and THATS why I don't lift there'

See I can respect that, even as someone that is natural (lol clearly) I get that. As Wendler said you really only get to flip that card once so I can imagine going back to the rhythms of natural training would be very very hard. 

So just fucking declare it and us newbies all get a better filter to evaluate your results etc when we are setting our goals naturally.

Stay Strong
Thomo


No comments:

Post a Comment