Thursday, July 18, 2013

It's Friday and its Deadlift night!

When I was younger Friday night was THE night for fun. I much preferred hits the pubs and clubs with work mates straight after work than doing it on a Saturday. Perhaps it was inherent laziness as at least on a Friday I was already out and about whereas Saturday I had to drag my bum off the couch.

Friday's activities would involve plenty of alcohol, lots of banter and invariably a finish in the wee hours of Saturday. This obviously necessitated a recovery period that wasted a good portion of Saturday as well.

Funny how times change as my Friday now consists of getting my planned pre-workout food in, smashing my planned reps in the deadlift tonight then getting home to eat and then play with my daughter before she goes to bed! To be honest I don't miss the old days at all, my life is much more enriched now and it's a hell of a lot better for my body too.


Now in the back of my mind I know that damn loaded bar is waiting for me tonight. I can already feel it against my calloused hands, feel the tension in the bottom position prior to the first pull feel that relief when I make it my bitch tonight. Just another session on the road to Nationals 2014.

Stay Strong
Thomo



No comments:

Post a Comment