Wednesday, July 3, 2013

GPC 2014 - whats the goal for Thomo?



Today's just a brief post to put myself on record for my 2014 goals.  In 2013 I  entered my first and second competition. Despite many hiccups and setbacks I actually I achieved all that I had planned. I got my ass out on the platform twice (States  and Nationals), posted a total I am proud of and set the Masters 1 75 kg national GPC record s hopefully many much better lifters join me and bring more older lifters to GPC.

 More importantly I got to mingle and watch some of the best Australian lifters at National and received some fantastic coaching.

Realistically my total is in its infancy, but I am on my way and while I sit at a modest total I am more than happy taking my total from 400 at States to 430 at Nats 6 weeks later.

This leads me to putting my proverbial on the block for next season. Therefore the next years aspirations are:

  • gain 5kg of solid mass and drop the equivalent of fat
  • compete at States and Nationals only
  • Target Improvement: bench +15kg, Squat + 20kg, Deadlift + 25kg for 490 total
  • Stretch Target: Bench + 20, Squat 25kg, Deadlift + 30 kg for 505 total
Now while they seem like big jumps I am still very raw as a lifter so still should still have a few beginners big jumps left in this next cycle.

I really want to crack 500 at 75 and my long term goal is to crack the 3x bodyweight on the deadlift

The keys for success for me is to stay disciplined and diet and stick to my template in base building and to gain a solid base of mass and conditioning for several months before heading back into the 85-95 1RM range. Also as I learned from Nationals and states my core, hammies and upper back need a lot of work to stabilise me better on the big lifts so these will be hit hard often in my assistance work.

I am really stoked to be competing and looking forward to working hard and getting up the GPC gradings.

On a final note the the photo encapsulates the coming season for me. In 12 months there is a GPC stage in the Gold Coast waiting for me, demanding that I turn up with a better stronger version of myself, thats the challenge, thats what I am training for. 

Stay Strong
Thomo









No comments:

Post a Comment