Thursday, January 30, 2014

Girls Squatting Rules


Tonight felt like a strong session. There was plenty to get through including double paused deads, heavy bench and volume squats. Overall I kept a brisk pace and was done and dusted in about an hour 15. I followed this up with some quality food post workout and now here I am kicking back and blogging.

Tonight I squatted outside of the racks by necessity. Each of the racks was taken up by girls going ass to grass on squats. In fact the squat form on these two was so good I was a little reticent to squat close by and have my poor form compared to theirs. 

Sadly across the room the usual collection of young 'bro's' were pumping guns in front of the mirrors, while these girls actually showed some balls (wrong association I know!) and did the hard yards in the squat rack. More power to them!

During warms ups I had a brief chat with a young guy I recently met in the gym, Alex. I had initially noticed him as he had the classic look of a young guy that meant business. Headphones in, lots of deadlifts, deep squats with 3 plates and no bullshit or arms in front of the mirror. He mentioned he will be entering the PTC Novice comp in a couple of weeks so I offered to go along and assist on the day. Always good to see strong young guy compete and bolster the ranks in Perth.

A day off now and then the final session of the week on Saturday. Each week getting sightly stronger, can't wait for Nationals!

Stay Strong

Thomo




No comments:

Post a Comment