Friday, January 24, 2014

The Tension Builds Just a Little


Today is that absolute Australian institution the 'Australia Day Long Weekend'. For some it represents a commemoration of the arrival of the first fleet from Britain in 1788 to found the colony of New South Wales. To others it's an excuse to get pissed, bent out o shape and be an obnoxious twat. For me it means some well earned rest with the family while getting two quality un-rushed training sessions in.

Hopefully the warm weather will continue and I can manage some time at the beach with my daughter followed by a big breakfast at the local cafe...good times.

While I have had a couple of false starts with illness since December, training feels like it is getting back on track and recently some rep records have tumbled. The key part of my training puzzle is getting more sleep. With early starts for work and interrupted sleep due to my gorgeous baby daughter I'm only locking in 5- 6 hours regularly, add to that 12-13 hour work days and you can see where the pain is.

I have my last session of the week scheduled today and while it is probably the easiest of the sessions I will still be working hard on front squats, particularly the final AMRAP set. These few hours prior to the workout are always enjoyable as the tension builds and I think about the numbers I need to hit.

Not long to go now so time for my pre-workout meal and get my head into  the zone.

Thomo


No comments:

Post a Comment