Thursday, January 9, 2014

Powerlifting Inspiration - Jon North?!?

I will be the first to admit the title doesn't make a lot of sense, getting my powerlifting inspiration from Jon North the weightlifter. However over the last couple of years I have enjoyed watching Jon North go about his business in the gym. When I first saw him on the Cal Strength site I thought we was a typical brash A-hole but scratch the surface a little and you can be pleasantly surprised.

Here is a guy that loves to train, loves what he does and loves to share that passion with others. Okay his antics in the gym might come across as over the top but for him it seems to work. Though it does shit me when I watch others in  his videos mimic his style especially when they are lifting 50kg less.

For me the videos remind me of the Ronnie Colemans 2003 video, the whole 'day in the life' narrative that seems to get the juices flowing to hit the iron

Recently he has shot a number of video logs of his training at Mash Elite Performance and while they are fairly low key I enjoy the energy and effort that Jon puts in. Always seems to get me geared up for training.

Check out his latest Vlog:


Tomorrow I have Bench front squats and pause deadlifts...ohhh yehhhh cant wait!

Thomo

No comments:

Post a Comment