Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Deadlift day..getting tighter

Yesterday required a work set of 8 reps on the deadlift followed by 5x3 at 75%. Suffice to say after these are done I always feel a little busted before the next exercise. This meant bench press, triples, doubles and singles followed deadlifting.

As in previous weeks the heat in the gym continued to screw with me. It's funny, while I have lifted in plenty of stinking hot un-airconditioned gyms for some reason I am feeling it more here.

If you put a gun to my head I would say training is going well but I am still working with my coach to understand the optimal progression per week. As always I prefer to stay within myself and build momentum and resist my natural inclination to overreach too early.

While my squat has yet to kick off my quads are loving the volume of 2 sessions of front squats a week and I have seen my reps continue to rise. I am about  4.5 months from Nationals and while my training really hasn't kicked up a gear yet I feel confident I can PB total and individual lifts.

Stay Strong

Thomo






No comments:

Post a Comment