Thursday, January 10, 2013

Squatting without Pain...Oh Yeh!


Tonight was a great squat session, even though all I managed was 30 reps across 4 sets with an empty safety squat bar. Magically in the last few days any residual pain in my adductor has dissipated. Given this injury has kept me from squatting for almost 12 weeks it feels good to lift with no pain even if its just an empty bar!

Now its about gently building up reps over the next week and re groove my lift while I finish my Smolov bench routine and hopefully I will be back into full routine in two weeks. In the meantime plenty of pre-hab and release for tight hammies, hip flexors and glutes!

Good night tonight at PTC Perth with quite a few lifters hitting the platform. Dazzler was working on his bench opener while big Mike had taken his nightly residence on the platform to grind out the Oly lifts and Yianni was...well Yianni was entertaining as always! Look for a feature on Yianni in the next few weeks to learn the secrets of a lifter weighing 67kgs and deadlifting over 200kg!

Stay Strong
Thomo






No comments:

Post a Comment