Thursday, February 28, 2013

Squat tonight..yeh buddy!

Quiet night tonight at PTC Perth. Dazzer was in, with Plummer, coach Doyle and a few of the lads.

Tonight was Wendler squat 5/3/1 night followed by assistance bench with the Paul Carter 350 rep scheme.

Good session but admit I am still fuck assing around with my squat stance. I have put a hell of a lot of effort into working on imbalances to eliminate the good old butt wink. But its certainly slow going and though there is lots of improvement I still have a ways to go.

Tonight I stuck with more of a high bar squat and while the wink was still there I felt tight and no soreness. So for the moment I am staying put with this stance and foot placement. I am guessing I will get it just about perfect by states and then I will be fucked up again getting used to setting up in the monolift!

Dazzer was banging out big sets with 4 plates plus on the squat and while he missed a double tonight his form looked very tight and he has plenty more in the tank.

Looking forward to Saturday's bench session, just require more calories and sleep before then!

Stay Strong
Thomo

No comments:

Post a Comment