Thursday, February 14, 2013

Nice Lifting Today

Today was Wendler squat and bench assistance (bench volume at 60 %). Very happy with the squatting as I have been working heavily on improving mobility through hips and improving anterior core to eliminate or at least minimise the damn butt wink as I approach parallel. To check on progress I have been videoing sets each session and saw noticeable improvement today from my last session earlier in the week. Sooo as I said if you have form issues make sure you video the damn lift!

Pretty small turnout tonight but being Thursday not unusual as most of the PTC crowd stick to a Mon, Wed, Frid template. Big Mike was in, Perry pushing out some nice deep squats, Mike's sister running through her routine and Dee was in with some nice back squats going on. Trying to convince Dee to lift at states and though she is resisting I'm still twisting the arm. Dee is one of the hardest workers in the gym and looks like she is keen to ramp that up even further with 2 weeks off from work.

Wendler bench saturday and I much prefer the pace of weekend sessions especially when I can space quality meals around my session without the hassles of work!

Until then....

Stay Strong
Thomo



No comments:

Post a Comment