Friday, February 22, 2013

Saturday Training Rules

It's one hour before Saturday training and I am well into my mobility work at home. Funny I have states and nationals this year and shit just feels worse than ever. In November I hit PB's on everything and was feeling on top of the world. Since then every fucking thing aches and rebuilding my squat and deadlift is taking  a while.

After much research and review I think I have found the reason.....I AM GETTING OLD! Turned 43 yesterday and weird thing is I still treat training like I am 22. Seriously when I wake up the day after a deadlift season and it feels like I have been 10 rounds with Mike Tyson I am always surprised how sore I am. But fuck me it hit me yesterday that I am 43 and this shit is harder on my body.

In some ways it must be why I enjoy weekend training so much...I have more time to warm up, train at a good pace and ensure I get a good meal straight after. Even better today is much cooler than the 36+ degree days (Celsius) we have been having of late.

One closing thought. This week I accompanied one of my friends to lovely ole MacDonalds. Given Deadlift session was going to be that night I thought what the hell and joined him for some very bad fast food. What drove me insane (other than the cardboard tasting burgers) was the phenomena I observed in the cue. Everybody seemed to be waiting patiently in the cue sometimes for 2-3 minutes but stuff me everytime they got to the front of the cue..they were rendered speechless and needed 20 seconds to work out their order!! Here is a helpful thought, use the time in the cue to work out what you fucking what numb nuts!!!!

Any how back to the foam rolling and pallof presses...

Stay Strong
Thomo

No comments:

Post a Comment