Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sometimes Shit Just is What it is!

Today was 5/3/1 bench, chins thrown in, some volume light squats and then I was done. As you know I love Saturday's session and this was no exception, except it was absolutely fucking hot. Though it could simply have been watching Paul and Dee go through their conditioning work!

Gotta say I love their commitment but fuck me they obviously have much better GPP than I. If I did that volume of conditioning on my off days I'd be over training in no time. For me I manage hill sprints 20 mins and mobility work and I am done 3 times a week.

When benching I worked in with Dan Rucci and he looked rock solid on sets of five at 105kg, hell the bar speed of his final two sets looked faster than the preceding 3 sets. I am sure Dan will smash his PB on bench at states and/or nationals.

Volume squats felt ok but damn it 15 years on the laptop has meant my hamstrings are shortened like mutha fucker. As Dan pointed out if you watch the video I get just near parallel and then all of a sudden its like they yank the glute under right at the insertion point. Thankfully I have seen a hell of an improvement with all the mobility work but I still shows how far I have to go!

However this does make me think that sometimes you just have to accept limitations and work around/through them. For example I love Cressey performance and Gentilicore and those guys but fuck me if I did all of the mobility work they suggest I'd have to give up work and never actually lift heavy!!

Seriously though no matter how much I work the mobility some days I have to accept that butt wink will sneak in as I squat. Shit happens, I am still going to states and nationals and I'll hoist some weight and while my squat won't be perfect it will get the job done.

By the way more plates arrived in PTC Perth this week to help fill the other 2 power racks due in shortly..grand total of 6 racks with a mono lift on the way. Seriously if you are in Perth why would you train anywhere else!!

Stay Strong
Thomo


No comments:

Post a Comment