Friday, March 8, 2013

Miscellaneous Gym Shit

So its the end of another week and so it's time to work out the 3 things I learned about training this week.

1. I have to just let my squat form alone: See I have been doing lots of assistance work to fix the imbalances that are impacting my squat. You name it, butt wink, thoracic mobility tight pec tie ins tight hip flexors...all this shit is making a decent squat hard. Consequently I have been fiddling around being super strict on form. Problem is the more I do that the weaker I get. Soo I am adding the weight back in, videoing every session and just not obsessing on the form.

2. I need extra warm up on the squat: I warm up heavily before I even arrive for my session so by the time I hit the gym I can do a modified Agile 8 and then straight into warm up sets. However getting out of work late and then often having commitments post training means I am pushing to get out within the hour. Now this works well even on deadlift day however not for squats. My sad sorry tight ass hips need a shit load of warming up...so now I make sure I have and extra 15 mins to make sure I have plenty of goblet squats in me before the warm up sets commence.

3. I have to stop carrying a scoop of creatine in a plastic clear Ziploc bag: The other day I am driving to work and given I was in a little bit of a rush I put my pre-workout in a ziplock baggie and creatine in a separate one. Pulling up at the lights I noticed the bus driver next to me peering in at the seat of my car. Subsequently I worked out that said driver must have seen the ziplocks and assumed I was some rampant cocaine dealer with the baggies of white powder on the seat. I am just waiting to get pulled over n a random police check with a couple those supplements bagged up on the seat!

Figure I trained well and learned some shit..not a bad week. What did you learn???

Stay Strong
Thomo



No comments:

Post a Comment