Friday, March 22, 2013

Loving the deadlift!




Another good deadlift session this week maintaining 5x5 at 70% of 1RM. I am still busy videoing a couple of sets each session to ensure my weaknesses are improving.

I have a tendency to not have the hamstrings dialled in as tight as possible prior to the initial pull. This will manifest itself with the hips raising first. This week I focused especially on ensuring the hamstrings were fully stretched and hips locked into place before the pull. Subsequent video showed my hips stayed down and my hip hinge was much stronger.

I am about 5 weeks from states but I won't be peaking at all. My plan is to use states for platform experience an to get used to the judging standards. I will then shift to pure Wendler 5/3/1 and peak 7-8 weeks later for nationals in Melbourne.

I am lifting in GPC this year but may try IPF in 2014 all depends on what the Masters competition is like. While Powerlifting is a race to improve your PB there is also much to be said for being pushed in competition. Now while I am never going to challenge the top guys it will be good to lift against masters liftersin the same weight class (hopefully) so after this year and next I will have a better idea of which federation is for me. For the moment it is all a learning curve.

The rest of the PTC Perth team look to be lifting well and I expect our lads will do very well. Though there are some absolute drug fucking monsters at a few of the other gyms so clearly these pricks may push our natural guys..lets hope not!

Stay tuned for pics of the new EliteFTS leg press that has arrived at PTC Perth.

Stay Strong
Thomo



No comments:

Post a Comment