Saturday, March 30, 2013

Deadlift Day!

Easter long weekend which means 5 glorious days off for the regular religious holiday and the bonus is I am a committed atheist, just got to love it! For my North American friends Australians get a long weekend over Easter with holiday spanning Friday to Monday!

So within this context I backed up for Deadlift day at 9:00am. As I arrived Paul was finishing up with the regular morning conditioning class and everyone was looking suitably exhausted.

Foam rolling gets the muscles activated, Dan and Paul have some 90's tunes pumping and I am transported back to a time when age and aches werent a problem. Sweat starting to kick in a little now the muscles are responding and it feels like game time. Warm up sets are going up easy and with each set I feel the body getting tighter.

Chat a little with Perry he is deadlifting too and watch him pull an easy set of 5 at 180. He isnt doing states or nationals but with those lifts he sure as fuck should.

Worked up to my top sets at 83% of 1RM. Felt good felt strong. I have been working on body positioning and noted that I was a little too low on my set up. Now that I have adjusted the bar feels like its going up in the power path.

Finshed 3 back up sets at 70% and after a few sets playing around with my squat I was done.

Approximately 4 weeks to nationals and things are ticking along.

Stay Strong
Thomo

No comments:

Post a Comment