Sunday, August 25, 2013

It's what Sam Byrd calls recovery day

Really really felt like shit this last 4 days. I suspect I have been fighting off one of the many ailments that is getting passed around though no doubt this has been exacerbated by pushing the envelope on recovery.

I have been hitting rep record after rep record on my Juggernaught template but at the beginning of last week everything started to feel heavy, much heavier than it should have. I even noticed my mood was pretty average (more so than normal!). That coupled with some particularly poor nights of sleep started the alarm bells ringing.

Therefore over the weekend I upped the calories (carbs particularly) over hydrated, and managed a couple of afternoon naps to aid the recovery process. Suffice to say starting to feel much better but I am not out of the woods yet so rather than hit the bench tonight I am taking a day off training. No active recovery just plenty of food, off to bed early and absolutely no training.

I definately feel I have programmed my everyday max too high on this template, that was despite being what I thought was conservative. Regardless I will make adjustments for the next cycle and keep pressing on.

Stay Strong
Thomo





No comments:

Post a Comment