Saturday, August 17, 2013

Glute Ham Raise Rules




One of the key changes I have made in my training is to be diligent about performing the best assistance work that targets my key weaknesses. Quite simply this means targeting my hamstrings and overall posterior change. Genetically I have crap hamstrings and since I gave up running years ago what I did have fell into neglect.

Now the first order of business has been to add GHR's straight after squats and deadlifts. When I first tried these I couldn't get a single rep. But since starting Juggernaught I have been doing 3 sets of 8 with the purple band. Last night as I pushed through sets I simply let go of the band and kept powering on with the reps.

Even better I have finally noticed some growth in the hamstrings and lots of soreness in the glutes. These aren't fun to do but I think proficiency on GHR's really help squats and deads.

They key though is to work these at least 2-3 times a week and once you get some skill you can starting pumping out the reps, add weight and watch your wheels grow!

Stay Strong
Thomo




No comments:

Post a Comment