Friday, August 10, 2012

Wendler 5/3/1 - Cycle 6 Week 1!

Week 1 of cycle 6...about damn time.  De-load week was tough when you are raring to go. As I blogged previously de-load week is like being the towel boy at a swingers party...you are kind of happy to be there but you aren't getting to do the fun stuff!

First up today Push press for 5's followed by close grip bench and behind the neck press for assistance and volume and I am climbing out of my skin to get into it. Actually lately I can't get enough pressing especially since I have been watching some monster Olympic lifters pushing huge weight.


By the way I went for a mid program Dexa scan this week to check my body composition and locked in another 1.3.kg muscle gain over the last two months. Yes modest gains but I will take that thank you very much. Oh and don't quote me bigger gains than that unless you are getting a dexa..especially don't quote me some random scale weight that shows 3 5ths of nothing. If you are serious about lifting and health go have a damn scan performed it's the best way to accurately obtain a baseline measurement (more on this in tomorrow's post).

So am I the only one that thinks this Olympic weightlifting in London was boring as bat shit without Klokov in the 105's.  It was a huge blow to have him not compete and I will be interested to see what the 'undisclosed' injury was.Speaking of which some nice inspiration for today's pressing below with Klokov push-pressing a lazy 225kg!



Getting into pre-workout mode soon so see you at PTC Perth!

Stay Strong
Thomo

No comments:

Post a Comment