Monday, August 6, 2012

De-Load Week On Wendler 5/3/1

Yes sad but true the dreaded de-load week is here. It's kind of like being the red headed step child at a family reunion... everyone is having fun but you are stuck on the outside looking in.



Well perhaps I am being a little dramatic,  after all once you get to de-load week you know you need it. Particularly this week given I have spent the last week or two really working the squat flexibility. So right now every damn hip flexor is crying out for rest.

In fact the problem is not so much the rest and light weights. In fact I welcome the chance to work on light speed work and pump the reps up a little. The real issue is I sit around doing light weights like I did tonight at PTC Perth and then the music starts pumping, I watch Dan Rucci pull big plates on the trap bar (Dan isn't your shoulder hurting!!??). Ok got to look away this is de-load week...so I spin around and then I see big Dan doing this in the rack....195x5




Hell, I am like 2 weeks before I have anything reasonable on the bar...maybe if I just do a couple of heavier sets...argggh noo...no..no its de-load. Ok focus on my stretching. Shit there is Ricky stretching like a god dam yoga master!! See that's the problem with PTC Perth everyone is so damn competitive and strong even de-load week gets the juice flowing.

Not such a bad problem, by the time this week end rolls around I will be ready and rested to pick it up again, cycle 6 of Wendler 5/3/1..bring on the Boom!

Oh and if this sounds like a place you want to train....get your ass down to PTC Perth.

Stay Strong
Thomo



No comments:

Post a Comment