Monday, February 10, 2014

Who Squats in Front of the Mirror????

Despite the debacle of training last week on a Monday and waiting  20 minutes for a bar I decided again to brave the masses  tonight.

Heavy dead-lifts tonight translated to a triple at 90% of my 1RM. By the numbers it was a good session tonight but it did feel a little grindy (yes I know I made that word up). The positive is that I am still 4 months out from Nationals so I am more than happy to be pumping these numbers up so early. However I need to manage the intensity. Given I am flying cross country for business next week its an opportunity to de-load and work on active recovery.

My final movement for the night was front squats and as I make my way to the rack it dawns on me the gym staff have moved the rack so they can install a mirror in front. Now I do get this because the majority of lifters here are bodybuilders but thankfully the muscle motion rack allows you to flip the J-Hooks around so that I can face away from the mirror so no harm.

I will finish off posting Dan Green's RUM 7 squat, another insanely strong effort. I met Dan Green at our Nationals last year where he was the guest lifter and was blown away by how densely built he was in person.


Stay Strong

Thomo




No comments:

Post a Comment