Friday, February 7, 2014

Squat Fixes

Well it's Friday night and the family is out catching Springsteen playing tonight and here I a thinking about my squat session tomorrow! It's been a crazy week with work but I am keen to nail my final session of the week. Tomorrow is my heavy squats and I am still spending a lot of time working on mobility to improve my squat. Actually if you ever want a good laugh ask me to do an overhead squat, it ends up looking like I am bending at the waist laying a sword at someone's feet!

I think the biggest challenge for those of us with average movement patterns is actually just diagnosing the issue and then working 2-3 movements to get it right. I am doing plenty of goblet squats, lying windmills etc. It's coming together now but hell at 44 just when I get one thing right something else pops out.

Actually I can hear those of you in your twenties laughing now but remember this shit is easy when your younger. Your test is running high and life isn't so serious. Just know that half of you in your twenties won't be training in your forties. You'll just be that fat annoying guy at the barbecue or pub that bore's people senseless telling them stories about when he 'used to lift'!

I came across a basic article on common squat movement pattern issues and diagnosis. I thought this was a nice articulation for newbies so check it out.


http://bonvecstrength.com/2012/11/21/4-steps-to-fix-your-squat/

Stay Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment