Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lazy sunday deadlifting




Kicking back right now, 30 mins post workout guzzling the last of my protein shake and feeling pretty damn pleased with myself.

Deadlifts today and my focus was continuing to lock down my pre-lift routine. I noted in my first two comps every pre-lift preparation was different. So now I am stripping my prep down to several repeatable steps that result in me being as tight as possible and ready to lift.

For me I focus on standing in front of the bar screwing my feet into the floor and getting really tight before I reach down to the bar with tension already pulling me tight and down into the bar. Now this all sounds obvious I know but I need to have the same 3-4 steps to ensure each time I am in the right position with maximum tension.

It worked really well today and consequently had a great session. Sunday afternoon meant I had the gym to myself until a couple of the lads arrived mid session.

Gute ham raises and shoulders finished off the session So now I am all about a nice kick ass protein meal and chlling with my daughter.

Bench Tuesday and cant wait!

Stay strong

Thomo


No comments:

Post a Comment