Sunday, September 9, 2012

Wendler Rules.. 5/3/1continued



Just finished my de-load week for cycle 6 and I have to say shit is going well. Actually my squat needs to get going but it wouldn't have been a problem if I hadn't started screwing around with my form...whats that about   'if it ain't broke?'  Regardless I am back on track now with the squat form locked in. More importantly my deadlift is going very very well. As you all know the long term goal is a 3x body-weight lift in just under two years. 

 Something that was reinforced during Saturday's session was the highly variable nature of natural training. Certainly for me the overall plot of progress is a steady upward trendline however any particular data point on that line is an up day or a down day. In fact yesterday was one of those days. That means despite your best efforts to recover eat and supplement you will have a crap session. 



For example in cycle 6 I hit deadlift PB's on every session exceeding planned reps significantly on my heavy 1+ days. Following a nice de-load week I rolled into PTC Perth Saturday expecting week one of cycle 7 to go up nicely...think again Thomo!!  My top set at 85% had me checking the bar to make sure Paul or Anthony hadn't slipped an extra 40kg's on the bar..jesus it felt average. 

The key is to accept that this is normal. Some days are going to feel like shit despite your best efforts, just remember to show up and tough it out. As I keep saying training isn't about screaming and going 'hardcore' its about plugging away and accumulating. Accumulating sessions over time so that the constant progression and effort adds up to take you from your current self to that vision you had when you kicked all of this off.

Just deadlift, squat and bench and as Nike says just...

Stay Strong
Thomo


No comments:

Post a Comment