Saturday, September 29, 2012

Cambered Bar Squat - Hell yeh!

Nothing like dead-lifting on little sleep courtesy of my 15 month old. Truth be told , lack of sleep I can deal with but a persistent twinge in my adductor is fucking with my mind when I train.

Thankfully Dan, Shanks and the lads were at PTC today and regardless of how average you feel it's a no excuses culture so not much to do but rest a little longer between sets and pick that fucka up. Net result locked in Wendler 5/3/1 week 2 reps and happy to finish up with minimal assistance exercises.



Before I left  decided to finally get my sorry ass under the cambered bar to see how it would feel.  I've been struggling with form on the regular squat about 6 weeks ago. Been trying to combat excessive upper body lean when I get depth. After working through every damn element I think I have narrowed the main culprit to  tight shoulders and these long monkey arms of mine. As a result I struggle to get the arms and shoulders positioned well resulting in excessive lean and chest collapsing during reps.

Just a couple of sets on the cambered bar confirmed this baby is my bitch for the next 3 months. Can't tell you how good it felt to squat deep with the chest up and my back at a great angle. Can't wait for Monday squat day!

Finish with a thought of the day:

For those of you in Perth buying protein powders, pre-workout drinks, post workout drinks, test boosters etc. Add that cost up and then realise you can afford to train at PTC Perth..think about it. Better gains no bullshit!

Stay Strong
Thomo




No comments:

Post a Comment