Monday, July 30, 2012

Just do it - Romaleos 2

Well 3 days after ordering my Nike Romaleos 2 lifting shoes are here! Arrived at my work this morning and I entertained my work mates by testing the fit in the boardroom...Romaleos 2 and Armani business suit...priceless!

First impressions....great fit due to the fantastic locking system, looks good and comes with an additional pair of heavy duty innersoles.



I have been waiting for these for several months to finally start re-grooving my squat. Understandably I cant wait to get under the bar but wouldn't you know its bench day!! Despite bench day I couldn't resist putting them on at the end of my session and get a feel for them under load.

Front squat felt fantastic, very easy to drop into the hole and rock solid, back squat took a little longer, certainly changed the dynamic and took a while to work out foot spacing. Regardless the most notable aspect for someone who has never used a squat shoe before is the absolute feeling of solidity through the floor. The rock solid polymer heal allows absolutely no flex which means there is no force lost through lateral movement or compression of sole. Definitely worth kilo's to the total once you groove the different mechanics of the elevated heel.

Will update you as I get more experience with the shoe.

Stay Strong
Thomo


2 comments:

  1. Where did you find them in that color? All I see online are white and highlighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a standard colour though I know plenty of retailers run out of colours from time to time

    ReplyDelete